Commissions Currently Closed - Reopening Late April
I absolutely love working on commissions and made to order custom fashion pieces featuring my geology inspired textiles. The nature of the way I manufacture products means I'm never ordering hundreds of metres of any fabric - so if there's a particular print you see that you'd like on a different product that I offer - I am always happy to accommodate. Whether you're a geology graduate looking for a stunning geology inspired dress for your special day, or want to be the best dressed guest at an upcoming event - I design bespoke clothing that celebrates all bodies.
My experience & qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion & Textile Design
- Extensive experience working with Adobe software
- 7 years of luxury retail experience including merchandising and brand management
- A genuine passion and enthusiasm for printed textiles - I thrive on collaboration and will go out of my way to design you a piece you are happy with.
"I commissioned April to make some cushion covers for me as I particularly liked one of her designs but wanted a colour palette which would enhance and coordinate with existing furnishings. April was very helpful and easy to communicate with - I am absolutely delighted with the printed colours and quality of the velvet cushion covers. They are just what I was hoping for and more."
"April is a pleasure to work with and produces stunning items. Everything is unique, and you can tell the care she puts into each piece. In my latest commission, April was very easy to communicate with (as she’s in Scotland and I’m in the U.S.) and very thorough when we were discussing designs and measurements. Everything shipped quickly, came packed beautifully, and fits me perfect. I can’t wait to show everything off!"
I want to be as transparent as possible with my commission process as a lot of work goes into making one off products and to be able to offer a truly bespoke service, my prices reflect that.
- Made to order adult fashion can range from £70 for a bespoke T-shirt up to £300+ for dresses depending on the garment, fabric required and whether I need to adjust my existing pattern pieces. The lead time for these can be up to four weeks from the design being finalised depending on how much work needs done. Some pricing examples are: Sweatshirts average at £100, a midi style t-shirt dress averages at £170, jumpsuits around the £240 mark. These costs are based on cotton based fabrics being used, the price is mostly dependant on material cost and the time it takes me to draft or adjust a pattern.
- Commissions such as colour adjustment, alternative prints, custom sizes etc are usually 20% on top of RRP to allow for the extra time needed to customise the fabric or design. This includes bespoke alterations such as custom cushion sizes, variations of scarf styles and a custom print/product combination.
After you get in touch with your requirements, we discuss things such as dimension/clothing size, product or garment, which print or colour scheme you have in mind and anything else relevant to your request.
I take 50% of the total cost before the design process starts and the rest upon completion. Of course, when you contact me with your idea there is absolutely no pressure from me to go ahead with an order if the cost isn't what you expect or you simply change your mind! I want to be as approachable as possible with the commission process so anything you'd like to know, please ask.